Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mitt Romney, Unrepentent Liar

Mitt doesn't mind lying and nobody but Paul Begala and a few bloggers do mind. He caught Mitt out at the time and nobody is covering it. All Mitt has come up with to cover this absolute untruth was, um, context... What? Context Mitt, you said what you said, nobody has taken you out of context, the question has been quoted and your answer fully quoted.

How's this for context? CNN Transcripts :

Q: There was broad agreement that the war has been mismanaged. But, given what we know now, should the U.S. have started the war in the first place?

Mitt: : Well, the question is kind of a non sequitur, if you will. And what I mean by that -- or a null set -- and that is that, if you're saying, let's turn back the clock, and Saddam Hussein had opened up his country to IAEA inspectors, and they had come in, and they had found that there were no weapons of mass destruction, had Saddam Hussein therefore not violated United Nations resolutions, we wouldn't be in the conflict we're in.

But he didn't do those things, and we knew what we knew at the point we made the decision to get in.

BEGALA: A huge mistake, a gaffe that -- that's, if this were a general election debate, would be a disqualifier.

Mixed pooh pooh, lala. Nothing.

That is a LIE and further Iraq provided thousands of pages of documents, what they didn't hand over was WMD, that's tough when you don't have them. Mitt says I want to be President and I can lie and I can change philosophical policy stands as soon as I'm running for another constituency and I'm so godly and pretty and pointlessly incompetent that you should vote for ME because my religion is so immaterial that I bring it up every time I open my mouth on the trail.

There is plenty I can take without foaming at the mouth but this guy isn't one of them. McCain is wrong about the war, but he's not lying. Every time Mitt's name is brought up make a point of bringing up the UN Inspectors.

No comments: