Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bush Lite

I don't like Hillary Clinton, not since she became a Senator. I've watched her poll driven politics and her triangulation until I'm ready to puke. Her stance on Iraq has tracked the polls steadily excepting one feature, she has no intention of admitting a mistake on the 2002 Authorization Bill. “If the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast that vote or has said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from,” Mrs. Clinton said in Dover, New Hampshire. Now she'd have you believe everybody bought the BushCo line, oddly some other Democratic Senators didn't and voted 'no.' Some, like Russ Feingold have demonstrated repeatedly that principles count for more than political points scored (and now they're scoring points-odd how that works). What she wants you to hear, now, is that she intends to concentrate on ending the war.

There is another aspect to all this, power. The NYT notes: "Her approach to leadership and national security was forged during her eight years in the White House: She believes in executive authority and Congressional deference, her advisers say, and is careful about suggesting that Congress can overrule a commander in chief. " So she wants a deferential Congress, isn't that what got us into this Iraq mess?

So, here's how the Corporate Darling Media Queen wants this to go, pay no attention to what I've done, just what I'll do for you as the next Imperial Presidency. We've had 6 years and counting of the GeorgeII Imperium, we're supposed to be happy with Clinton2 imperium? No, I don't like Hillary, Democrats can do much better than that old tired stuff and I definitely see no sense in Bushlite.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have no use for the Clinton's. Hilary is a hypocrite from the get-go. Whatever you want [ polls] that is what you'll get. Denial and fainting being the victim is her way of doing business. She is quick to take credit and quicker to deny any wrong if things go sour...but there is always a whipping boy to be blamed. Like Buba, most dimmos never see the true Hilliary. Not often do I agree with Chuck Morris, but his take on Hilliary is on the money. The Clinton's presidential record would have made the old GOP Guard proud. Gut wel-fare, tax-breaks for the wealthy..hey Bush wasn't the original, and both despise congress.

Chuck Butcher said...

It has been a pretty despicalble Congress for the last 12 years, so that much is understandable.

My really big objection is that she's whatever last week's polls were. That and guns. And corporate suckup.

DA English said...

Chuck,

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Hillary. Personally, I think it would be a disaster if she won the nomination. In fact, I'd go one step further and boycott voting for president in the general election all together if she is the nominee.

The media seems to have more control over who is percieved to be the leader (or who is creditable) then those who are voting. Granted, the primaries haven't happened yet. Hopefully the media won't end up influencing who wins.

When I am in the country(as some of you know I'm currently living in Korea), I take trips over to Eastern Oregon to visit relatives. I'll have to come by when I'm in your neck of the woods and buy you a cup of coffee. It would be interesting to sit down and talk with you.

Chuck Butcher said...

My email is top of right column, drop me a line.

Media is interested in selling advertising and their corporate masters's health, Hillary does both. I'm an active DPO but there are candidates I wouldn't work for, though speculating on my vote in the General at this early stage is silly.