Friday, July 20, 2007

Motel del Rogue - Grants Pass, Oregon

Back porch of room at Motel del Rogue . That is the Rogue River , this morning's breakfast stayed in the river, nothing liked what I offered up

***Click on pictures for full size***


As I walk out the front door this is my view.


The yellow accent is the SSR and the building has my room on the right.

Built in the 1930's and furnished with many period pieces you do not get the feeling you've walked back into the same room you left in some other town. Comfort and excellent hosts make this a stop to remember. For you readers of the bluish persuasion, this place will soon be full of Oregon Democrats - for you others; well, it won't rub off and you'll get treated very well.


2 comments:

Jenni Simonis said...

I'm jealous -- I was supposed to be staying there tomorrow night. But we had to cancel our entire trip due to a family emergency.

Hope you have lots of fun! We're hoping to make it down there at some other time, as it's a part of the state I haven't seen yet. It's familiar territory to my husband, who went to OIT in Klamath Falls.

Chuck Butcher said...

It's a really nice motel and the hosts are exceptional. If you fish...