Friday, July 20, 2007

Live From Grants Pass, Oregon - sorta

Since I'm the boss and we work 4 ten hour days, I decided I could find enough for my guys to do Thursday afternoon to let me leave at lunch time. Leave Baker City for Grants Pass and the Democratic Party of Oregon's quarterly State Central Committee meeting. The trip meter showed 430 miles and 8 hours to my arrival at Motel del Rogue, hosts Constance and Kevin Marr. The meeting is Saturday but I needed both a break and some time to relax after a long drive.


With the Rogue River right outside the back door and my Democratic hosts I have accomplished my aims. The place will be filling up with Democrats today so there will be ample opportunities for wide ranging political discussions and catching up on the doings of those far away.


Saturday morning the DPO Gun Owner's Caucus has a shoot lined up at the Josephine County Sportmans Association range and I've come well equipped for such an activity. I was torn, but ended up with (2) 3 1/2 inch Uberti SAA Colt .45, a Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt, an 1873 Winchester rifle by Chapparel Arms in .45 Colt, and for real umph the 1895 Marlin 45-70 Govt. For show-off my brand new custom double rig holsters built for the Ubertis.

No comments: