Thursday, September 06, 2007

Some Recovery

After a truly discouraging spate of readership of 20's and low 30's (per sitemeter) for about a month, readership has climbed back to fairly reliable 60's and 70's. Some of you from places far far from small town NE OR checked in pretty regularly, astonishingly some regulars were from UK, Portugal, and Australia and perhaps as outre' NY,NY and Brooklyn, NY. My CA readership gained as others went and some credit goes to Fred, see Humboldt Blog link in side bar, for sending his pals. Guns have been a mainstay of readership, a consistent 20% come for those posts - I do hope some will wander out and see the rest...

Some titles are guaranteed to spike readership from search engines, "Iran" is good for that right now, "Larry Craig" got lots of looks, two reliable draws are "Ruger Bisley Vaquero .45 Colt" and "Remington Side by Side Hammered Stage Coach Shotgun" - sorry political readers, my best politico writings are trumped heavily by the odd gun articles. One day I suppose I ought to learn to write headlines with search engines in mind, but...I like my titles.

I'm glad to see readership up, there's little point in writing to myself on a blog, it takes too much time to tell myself what I already found...

Thanks for stopping in, I'll try to make it interesting

2 comments:

Carla said...

Chuck:

I read your blog just about every day--right now my plate is a little full to catch it every day.

Personally, I admire how you manage to get content up on a daily basis. That's really tough to do by yourself.

I don't think I could do it.

Chuck Butcher said...

I miss a day here and there, sometimes what I find just doesn't seem worth commenting on or my brain and body are just too tired for inspiration.

Politics is a tough game when you're actually in it, it can get mind numbing. Probably the toughest part is the balancing act between the personal and the political, and I would suppose especially as a job.

My readers are important to me, I don't write "for" them, but I do write to them. I appreciate the interest.

Good luck with the job