Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some Things You Can't Make Up

Elizabeth Hasselbeck on the View:
ELISABETH HASSELBECK: Obviously both sides are trying to run and create image. So if we use this as, so they both have funds and are creating an image, making sure their candidates are where they need to be seen, as they need to be. I find it completely then repulsive to then - if we want to look at spending - see how Barack Obama now is going to spend what $3 million on two thirty minute ads that are going to run this week.

BARBARA WALTERS: He's got the money and he wants to win.

ELISABETH HASSELBECK: That to me is, in terms of the economy is - that is repulsive.

She doesn't like Obama's half hour commercial, it' repulsive in light of the economy, the average contribution is about $180 so that's coming straight out of the broken economy. On the other hand, there's Sarah Palin's wardrobe:
ELISABETH HASSELBECK: I brought it up – prior to the clip that you ran… I said in between that I believe the focus on her wardrobe has been deliberately sexist. I said, following that, so let me speak in terms that they – meaning those who have been criticizing her – might understand and then I followed with those examples. And I just wanted to parallel the tone that I thought and had been set by the media and use that right back at them.

Her claim to fame and political accumen? A Survivor contestant with fairly good looks and a shrill and over-amped approach. Someone feeds her talking points, it's obvious since she's on them nearly at the same time as the Republican spokespersons. It is fairly pathetic that this is what the VP candidate has to use for a warm up act. Well, pretty similar on the qualifications end.

No comments: