Sunday, October 05, 2008

Pantomime of Leadership

Jeff Alworth nails Sarah Palin to a board and filets her:
The pantomime of leadership is, in Palin's mind, the same as leadership. When I was a small child, I used to think that making loopy squiggles on the page was writing. I assumed that since I couldn't understand the adult squiggles on the page, no one could. Mine were therefore just as good. Palin spent the night making loopy squiggles and thinking it was prose.

I like that bit, it is accurate and as sharp as a newly stropped razor and will also leave a blunt force trama. Jeff's a friend of mine who writes for BlueOregon mostly, but this is his little private corner I visit regularly.

He's also written a book I reviewed awhile back. He seems to still have some for sale. I liked it.

No comments: