Monday, January 26, 2009

For You Fallout 3 Fans

While my computer has been essentially disabled I've played a bit of an Xbox360 game named Fallout 3. It is set in a post nuclear apocalypse DC in a world that went on an alternate reality course in the 1950s. The game is made by Bethesda who also made Oblivion and it has similar gaming characteristics and gaming themes and particularly the large play universe.

Those who've played the game will understand this picture. Obviously this post is relevant to almost nothing of any import and thus a good come back.


2 comments:

Nick Istre said...

I dunno, that truck isn't a burned out heap and the house behind it is way too clean...

In anycase, pretty fun game the first couple runs through (It doesn't have the replayability or the feel of the original two, but it's really a completely different game set in a similar universe). The whole 50s retro motif has been a staple of the series of the series and gives a nice stark contrast to the bleak post-apocalyptic setting...

I do wish it also had more reference jokes; the first two Fallout games had references to many cultural icons including Monty Python, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Dr. Who. I mean, nothing like stumbling on a smashed whale and a flower pot in the middle of the desert...

Chuck Butcher said...

Doesn't the bird poop all over it count?

I've never played the others and the end goal meaning the end of play is a bit irritating. The damn Bobble Heads have me frustrated right now, doubly so since my character achieved the Exploration achievement and the collection is limited to a couple. I think he's a level 26 or so. That damn Fawkes is making finger collection difficult with that "toy" of his.

I think Oblivion, Elder Scrolls is a better play experience, but this is a pretty cool game. The first of the 50's COEs I saw made me laugh since I own one.