Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Support the Troops

This is not something new, I just had no idea this was still going on. Get hurt in combat and be unable to finish your tour and the DOD wants back the portion of the signing bonus matching your unfinished tour.

I'm used to finding myself actually angry about this BushCo Administration, but this time around I want to hurt somebody. There's no whom there, though, so I'm stuck with a feeling I haven't had for a really long time, and I don't like it, one bit.

Ah.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes you want to run out and sign up. This was covered by Laura Ingram, filling in for Bill Oreilly. Somethings are beyond...what's the word..Stupid?

Chuck Butcher said...

Watching that Network will rot your cortex, or something...

Anonymous said...

Got to have a wide perspective Chuck, bet most of the lefties that stop in here would never believe that I've been a 3 decade, daily reader of the Oregonian, watch C_span Washington Journal, read the Captitol Press when I can but Lou Dobbs is my man the last several years. Yeah I know Faux, Fox, is mostly soap opera as is most media, Bill Oreilly pissed me off years back on gun control, he used the word "big guns" when the city boy tried to get involved in gun control and his regular guest Dennis Miller did a lot of anti guns stand up. Bill has lots of ideas on Iraq but he avoided Viet Nam. As I tell the kids, The gears that turn the world are greased with bullshit. But Patton read Romel's book and Halsey read Yamamot's. So yeah I usually tune in to see if Bill got it right. Don't know what's worse an Oregonian editorial or an Orielly talking point.

Chuck Butcher said...

OK, I admit to doing a little Oppo research over there - just don't let it get around ;-)