Friday, January 04, 2013

Zero Dark Dumbassery

Let's start at the beginning, it's a MOVIE and it is not a documentary.  Now that I've got that out of my system I'd like to move on to something that matters... and it isn't even if the CIA gave something classified to movie makers.

How about the question of whether the CIA handed disinformation to a movie maker to propagandize the American public?  Did Hollywood just take some information and then just make something up or did the CIA tell the movie makers something they didn't tell the Senate?  There are a lot of permutations that one could make up to ask about, but what does matter is just exactly what the CIA told them.  Considering the amount of absolute horse pucky the government sees fit to classify I won't get my shorts in a twist over that, but the CIA participated in the making of a movie that leaves an untrue and propagandistic impression regarding torture and that counts.

You have no idea how unfortunate I find it that this gives Sen John McPOW more excuses to run around on the TV machine. 

No comments: