Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wow This Thing Smokes

The new laptop arrived today and I'm getting to play with it a bit. This is a Dell Vostro 1720 with Win 7 Ultimate & Office Pro. Intel Core 2 Duo P7570 @ 2.26, 2.27 GHz w/4 GB RAM & 64 Bit OS & 218 GB HD. It is responding really nicely to the Qwest Broadband. The last laptop was getting a bit tired and my daughter in law needs something for school. It can do more than she needs running Vista Ultimate w/2004 Office Pro. I put a lot of time on it and it has been a pretty good machine, but it was more reasonable for me to get a new one rather than try to buy a cheap one for her.

The 17" screen is a nice change and the finish on it is less reflective than the old one and has a brighter picture. The keys are nicer and the whole thing seems more solid than the old Aspire.

I think I'll keep it, as if I had a choice...

No comments: