Thursday, November 05, 2009

How Long Will Steele Last Now

RNC Chair Michael Steele has a job description.

When he was asked to assess the claim made by conservative blogger Erick Erickson at RedState.com -- a grassroots driving force behind Hoffman’s candidacy -- that conservatives scored a victory last night, Chairman Steele could not have disagreed more firmly.

“I don't see a victory in losing seats,” Steele said. “I'm in the business of multiplication and addition. I want more Republicans. I don't buy that we somehow find victory in defeat.”

I think he'll piss off the practitioners of teabaggery with that kind of talk. That would imply that ... well, there are more than one type of Republican. This time he may actually be that cow on the tracks he mentioned one day.

SPLAT


(if the tag "terminal stupidity" seems over-used lately, take it up with Republicans)

4 comments:

Arturo Ui said...

"(if the tag "terminal stupidity" seems over-used lately, take it up with Republicans)"

It sure does. You're even using it over at Balloon Juice.

Chuck Butcher said...

Yup, that's why I mentioned it over there. I've been pretty sick for a week now and I'm feeling mean. Besides, they make it so easy.

IndieTarheel said...

For them, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

KRV said...

I was thinking it would be awesome if the gave Steele the boot and put Palin in his place. But now I'm considering the implications of sticking Erickson in there.

Ooo. I need a cigarette.